Staples Easy Rebates
- Staples rebates can be submitted for products purchased on Staples.com, in a Staples store, or at an in-store Staples kiosk
- Customers who have already submitted a Staples rebate can log on to track the progress of their submission
- The Staples Easy Rebate web site even offers a convenient search tool that lets customers see if a previously purchased product or one they’re planning on purchasing has a rebate attached to it
Staples shoppers who have a product with a rebate can visit the Staples Easy Rebate web site to file their rebate submission or to see the balance on a Staples rebate card they’ve already received. To submit a Staples rebate, customers will need to have their original Staples receipt and the box of the product they purchased with them, and the ability to scan those items digitally.
Staples Easy Rebates Comments
- Sumbitting a rebate should take less than 2 minutes
- Some Staples rebates require an actual UPC from a product, so those rebates cannot be submitted online
- To track a Staples rebate, customers will need to have the tracking number they were issued when they filed their rebate
- In most cases, a Staples rebate will be received 4 to 6 weeks after initial submission
More Important Information for Customers to Know About Staples
With over 2,000 stores in more than 25 countries, Staples is one of the most well known office supply stores in the world. Staples was founded in 1986 in Brighton, Massachusetts, by former supermarket rivals Leo Kahn and Thomas G. Stemberg. Staples announced in 2015 that it needed to cut $500 million annually, so they would be closing up to 220 retail stores.
- Staples has an annual revenue of almost $23 billion
- An American based company, but Staples has divisions in Canada and Argentina
To contact Staples about a rebate submission
Staples recommends using their specific online form for rebate questions, but their corporate offices can be contacted at 1–800–3STAPLE or at 500 Staples Drive, Framingham, MA 01702.