Regions Financial Securities Litigation
- Provides details about T. Grocery and Food Employees Welfare Fund v. Regions Financial Corporation
- This is case number CV-10-J-2847-S in the District Court for the Northern District of Alabama, Southern Division
- The Honorable Judge Inge Prytz Johnson will reside over the case
The Regions Financial Securities Class Action Lawsuit revolves around the quality of Regions loans and how it related to their stock price. Class members contend that Regions made misleading statement about the quality of their current loans (making them look better than they actually were) that in turn cause their stock price to increase. Class members contend that Regions (a United States bank) violated §§10(b) and 20(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and Rule 10b-5 promulgated thereunder.
Finer details about the Regions Financial Class Action Lawsuit
- Class members are defined as anyone who owned Regions common stock between February 27, 2008 and January 19, 2009
- Class members who elect to stay in the settlement will be automatically represented by Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP; Ward & Wilson, LLC; Roger Bedford & Associates, P.C.; Moore, Berry & Linville, P.C
- All claims form are due by 9/9/15
- The court will hold a fairness hearing on 8/18/15 at the District Court for the Northern District of Alabama to provide class members an open forum to speak if they desire
- All objections in the Regions Financial Securities litigation are due by 8/18/15
This is not the first (and won’t the last) lawsuit settlement that was created by the US real estate collapse in the year 2007. It should be noted that Regions denies any actions of wrong doing the lawsuit but has agreed to settle to avoid the uncertain expense associated with a trial.
Contacting the Regions Financial Securities Litigation Claims Administrator?
- (877) 290-8970
- [email protected]
- P.O. Box 808012, Petaluma, CA 94912-8012
A variety of court documents related to the case are available in PDF format. Claim forms can be submitted online via the Regions Financial Corporation Securities Litigation Settlement Website (see citations below).