Lynwood Strip Search Settlement
A 53 million dollar class action settlement has been proposed in the case entitled Mary Amador, et al. v. Sheriff Leroy D. Baca, et al.,
You can file a claim at www.lynwoodstripsearch.com .
Please note a claim can be filed online or via US mail and claim forms are due by 6/4/2020.
The case is under review in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
The County of Los Angeles has denied any actions of wrongdoing but has agreed to settle in order to avoid further court costs.
Who should file a claim?
“Anyone who were subjected to a strip search in a group outside of the bus garage while entering or returning from the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department Lynwood Jail between March 5, 2008 and Jan. 31, 2015.”
- Amazon MYTV Code : Enter your code to watch Amazon Prime! Woot Woot!
- VZW Digital Rebate Center : Enter claim information via the Verizon Wireless promotional Center to obtain a valuable rebate
How much will class members receive?
“No Class Member who files a claim will receive less than $200 (for one search under the least bad conditions). Persons with the highest number of searches – up to 50 – will likely receive thousands of dollars.”
The exact amount of money is not known and will depend on how many people file claims
LynwoodStripSearch.com Contact Information
- Mail: Lynwood Strip Search Settlement c/o JND Legal Administration PO Box 91070 Seattle, WA 98111
- Email: info@LynwoodStripSearch.com
- Phone: 1-855-233-1237
Class Members Lawyers
As we mentioned class members do not need to hire lawyers.
They will be represented by the following firms:
- Barrett S. Litt & Lindsay Battles KAYE McLAN BEDNARSKI & LITT DONALD COOK ATTORNEY AT LAW
- Colleen Flynn LAW OFFICES OF COLLEEN FLYNN
- Cynthia Anderson-Barker LAW OFFICES OF CYNTHIA ANDERSON-BARKER
The City of Los Angeles will be represented by Andrew Baum from the high-end law firm of GLASER WEIL .